10.24.2011

EFFIGY

My first foray into doll-making. I have needed to create this magic(k)al piece for the purpose of protection and manifestation of creative will. Hand-sewn and hand-painted, with a homemade velvet skirt and golden-threaded neckpiece. Yet to be fulfilled is a proper home with talismans to protect she and I while sleeping, and proper disguises for nighttime travels. There are always projects to distract me from completion, so in the meantime she remains in my cabinet of curiosities, next to a small bundle of bay leaves sent from overseas to protect one in dreams. 
I baked this black panther mask of clay, since sprayed with a gloss finish and awaiting proper finishing touches. It is a bit heavy for the doll, so I am having a bit of a hard time problem-solving. I will surely share photos as the project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment